BOOKS READ/LISTENED TO IN MARCH 2017
* Pen Pals, Alexandra Pichard
* I Believe In A Thing Called Love, Maurene Goo
* We Are Okay, Nina LaCour
* The Wish Granter, C.J. Redwine
* Seven Days of You, Cecilia Vinesse
* The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, N.K. Jemisin (audio)
* Rosemary and Rue, Seanan McGuire (audio)
* Fish Girl, Donna Jo Napoli & David Wiesner
* Hana Nochi Hare Vol. 1, Kamio Yoko
* Hana Nochi Hare Vol. 2, Kamio Yoko
* Hana Nochi Hare Vol. 3, Kamio Yoko
* Anonymous Noise Vol. 1, Fukuyama Ryoko
* The Totally Awesome Hulk Vol. 2: Civil War II, Greg Pak
* Nova The Human Rocket Vol. 2: Afterburn, Sean Ryan
I guess I won’t include the single issues list, since I update that (almost) weekly now. Except for this week, because I have yet to pick up and read last week’s comics.
Of the YA I read, I find I Believe In A Thing Called Love and The Wish Granter both fun reads, and finished them rather quickly. It took me longer to finish We Are Okay – because it’s really sad, and beautiful, and I wasn’t in the mood for either. Seven Days of You was both fun and frustrating, which I may write more about later, especially in comparison to one of my current reads, It’s Not Like It’s A Secret by Misa Sugiura.
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms and Rosemary and Rue both made me really want to get the following books, and now I’m torn about (1) whether to continue, as well as (2) what version should I continue in. I loved the narrators for both audiobooks and would love to listen to the next books in audio as well. However, the third Hundred Thousand Kingdoms book isn’t available in audio, and it really is cheaper to get Seanan McGuire in paperback. And then there’s the fact that my friends who loved The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms did not love the following two books, and the fact that there are SO MANY October Daye books to catch up on that I’m afraid to even start. So… I am listening and reading Ada Palmer’s Seven Surrenders at the moment (reading when at home, listening when commuting/outdoors) while deciding.