BOOKS READ IN APRIL 2017
* It’s Not Like It’s A Secret by Misa Sugiura
* History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
* One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva
* Release by Patrick Ness
* Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling / Newt Scamander (audio)
* Seven Surrenders by Ada Palmer (audio AND print)
* Drawn from the Archive: Hidden Histories of Illustration by Sarah Lawrence & Seven Stories Archive
* Hana Nochi Hare vol. 4 by Kamio Yoko
* Hana Nochi Hare vol. 5 by Kamio Yoko
* Toppu GP vol. 1 by Fujishima Kosuke
* Anonymous Noise vol. 2 by Fukuyama Kyoko
* Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
* Jill and Lion by Lesley Barnes
* Not Quite Narwhal by Jessie Sima
* The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors by Drew Daywalt & Adam Rex
One: I didn’t even really realise this until now, but all of the YA I read (not including Fantastic Beasts, which is MG anyway) were LGBT fiction. I broke that streak with my last read (Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index, finished on May 1st).
Two: I’m starting to get excited about shojo manga again, thanks to Hana Nochi Hare and Anonymous Noise.
Three: If you like unicorns and narwhals, go read Not Quite Narwhal, YOU WON’T REGRET IT.
Four: Ada Palmer is still mindblowingly awesome. With Raven Stratagem (Yoon Ha Lee) and Provenance (Ann Leckie) coming out this year, I think it’s an incredible year to be an SFF fan! And I haven’t even started on the new N.K. Jemisin series, or the Sofia Samatar short story collection…