Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl! This week we’re talking about the books that have been in our TBR the longest. I don’t really know which book(s) have been in my TBR longest, but these are some of the ones that have been in my TBR for much too long, and that I hope to read this year:
* The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman
* Changeling by Delia Sherman
* The Dubious Hills by Pamela Dean
* Ever by Gail Carson Levine
* Harley’s Ninth by Cat Bauer
* The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
* Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
* Love & Lies: Marisol’s Story by Ellen Wittlinger
* The Painted Boy by Charles de Lint
* Prince of Annwn by Evangeline Walton
Some of these, I’ve been saving for when I really need something I’ve never read before by the author but I kept rereading their older stuff instead (The Dubious Hills, The Painted Boy, Changeling.)
Some of these were sequels that I bought in a fit of excitement, but somehow never got around to (Harley’s Ninth, Love & Lies).
Some of these are books that I had every intention to read, but have been waiting for the right mood – especially Linger for this group; I love Stiefvater’s writing but I am not a fan of werewolves.
Whatever the reason is, these books have been stuck in my TBR for too long, and as I’m trying to read more books from my TBR this year (so far I’ve only managed to read 4 books from my TBR, out of 13 books) I hope to add these to this year’s reading list.
What are some of the books you’ve kept in your TBR for a long time, and why?